Day 1 in Florence - Late Start Good Food

 As we sat on the train our dear stop Pisa Centrale looked on sadly that we did not stop and visit. 


As we rolled on I got this text.


Finally we made it to Florence! All of us (well maybe not Matthew) were happy to be off the trains and walking again.


Notice how he has no thumbs up 🤔

We took the longest car ride to the hotel - seriously the hotel was two blocks away but my gps had not synched up until after I ordered it up. Doh!


The hotel has three sets of doors no kidding; outside for building, inside for hotel, room. 



The room is very nice and also has a balcony. 



Matthew and Brienna wanted to know why there were two toilets. 🙄😂


Finally a hotel with a bidet! 

We walked down and strolled around old town.



And we came across the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Absolutely gorgeous.That is the third largest church in the world! The first stone was laid in 1296 and it was consecrated in 1436.








Unfortunately we were too late to go in.


It was still a sight to see from walking around the outside. We
kept on to the Equestrian Statue of Fernando (resisting ABBA joke) put up in 1608. It is in the Piazza of the Annunziata.


We went to the museum bit that was closed too.



Hard to see but there is a dude on the bench behind Brienna’s left shoulder - he said no entry from behind a locked gate.


We were randomly walking through the cobblestone streets looking for a place to eat and a restauranteur sees me and says What’s up?! I laughed and said What’s up back. She says “I like you. Come here to est.” I said no. She said not today, tomorrow. I said Ok I meat you at 5 am for breakfast. She laughed and so no, I sleeping but take this coupon. 

The restaurants in Florence want your business. There and friendly funny people that will entice you in. I almost wish we had eaten there.

We decided to eat and found this restaurant - Ristorante Pizzeria? 



For appetizer we had bruschetta with; tomatoes, eggplant. and pate. 


Main courses; Me - Lasagna, M - Linguine, B - Pizza. Fantastic.



Dessert was chocolate mousse. Brienna thought it was better in France - more creamy.


Notice there are not three. I wanted a cannoli but they did not have them. I saw some earlier elsewhere so was gonna take my chances. Regerts. I ended up attempting to get a mini one from a place called Strangers Bar from a Pilipino who liked the Houston Rockets. As I left I said “these are homemade by you?” and he laughed and said Good Day Mate. I haven’t
tried it. UPDATE: I ate it. Not bad. 

We walked home after. 




And I had them try the elevator at the hotel - which they did NOT like at all.



Buona Notte






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 in Milan - THE Duomo and Ciao Italy

Day 2 in Paris - Dogs are barking!