Day 2 in Nice and Monaco and Other Cities Around

It was a great 4th of July for us touring around the French Riviera. We went so many places and I will try to cover and highlight each one. 

But before I continue, received questions on what ai refereed to as a skinny robot with a pic with a famous robot that was not skinny and had limbs. Sooooo, here is another pic with a different perspective.


Alrighty then, It is actually worse now. 😂

We woke up and went down to the lobby for what I would describe as a classical French breakfast: croissants and a drink. I actually had pain de chocolat. We all had tea. They did not drink the tea.  


It was quite a difference from the other hotels for sure. 

Our driver Sofiane picked us up on time right at the door of the hotel which was great.


We set off for Antibes. It is an historic coastal village founded by the Greeks in the 5th century BC. 


We walked into the town and came across a farmer’s market. The smells were mesmerizing. 





Maybe not the smell of those sausages! 

Brienna wanted a decaf coffee so we went to Cafe Marius. 


And then we found another town square where there was a flea market happening. 



After the flea market they were inspired for more shopping - the dreaded souvenir shop. 


Next stop the Antibes Cathedral.



As we left the church I could not help but notice this discount priest - a lot going on here.  He is literally phoning it in. 🤣


We made our way out of the outer walls of the city to meet back with our driver.






We drove by the famous marina on the way to St Paul de Vence.




There it is up there! Don’t worry we don’t have to walk to get there. 


Once we got there, we wondered around. 




Matthew wanted sone food so we stopped at L’Epicerie des Artiste. He got a hot and a crepe. 



We checked out the cathedral in town. 



And while in there we heard an amazing Australian choir group singing.


I volunteered to shoot a video for them and after that we were besties!


The views while we walked around were breath taking. 








Quick candy store stop. 🙃



Back to the breath taking views.




Now it is time for lunch. We went to an amazing restaurant - Les Terrasses D’Eze.


Doesn’t look like much from the front, but wait for it - the view.




We had this pre meal appetizer of fish salad in a cup. 


Next came the appetizer: Matthew and I had cod and cheese mixture, Brienna had eggplant.


The main course - Brienna and I had cod steaks and Matthew had veal.


And for dessert? Chocolate mousse.



We left the restaurant for Brienna’s favorite stop - a perfume factory! Fragonard. We did a tour.







They also make soaps there - here is a worker pressing shaped soaps.


Next we went to another mountain village
town called Eze.




Brienna and I climbed all the way to the top of the garden.







Next stop Monaco. Here is what it looks like crossing the border from France. Underwhelming. 


We went to Monaco Ville also known as the Rock of Monaco. 


We visited the Chappelle de la Misericorde first.




Next we went over to the palace.







Next Catherdrale de Monaco. 







We meandered through the gardens.



And we ended up at the aquatics museum.



We were picked up and drove over to Monte Carlo to see the world famous casino.










Ok the last two might not have happened.

Final stop - the beach! 




Our driver dropped us back at the hotel. Brienna and I went out for a late night snack at Benbueger. We both ordered chicken sammies. 





Where’s mine? I had to go back and reorder because Ben forgot!



And that’s a wrap on our 4th of July! 





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 in Milan - THE Duomo and Ciao Italy

Day 1 in Florence - Late Start Good Food

Day 2 in Paris - Dogs are barking!